Sunday, May 8, 2011

My latest Vacation


Well this post will be about my recent vacation. I went to Vegas! It was a blast! I had so much fun shopping, walking (and driving) up Las Vegas Blvd. and watching a show (Marc Savard a Hypnotist). We left Monday morning and drove to Vegas. We stopped in St. George for a second to see the temple. It was beautiful. We got to Vegas early so we couldn't check in so we decided to go to PLANET HOLLYWOOD to shop at the Miracle Mile Shopping Mall. It was amazing. I bought a hat to wear so I wouldn't get sunburned... Let just say I'm not a hat person, but anyways it did its job. NO SUNBURN! One thing I wanted to do in Vegas was run into one of my favorite reality stars, Holly Madison. It didnt happen which was a bummer... I got a picture of the billboard on Planet Hollywood. Maybe someday I'll meet her and do lunch sometime (A DREAM!!!). After we went and checked in to our penthouse, and it was amazing! It had 3 rooms, fantastic views, 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen. Yep it was amazing, probably one of the nicest places I have ever stayed in. Basically the 4 days we were there all we did was walk up and down the strip all day, swim, shop and have fun. Like I said at the beginning we went to a comedy hypnotist show and it was super funny! I really wanted to go up but I am so glad I didn't because it got kinda nasty (but funny) and it would have been very awkward for me. Overall it was great fun, even though the 2 guys i went with got a little offended. Come on Please, we've seen worst things on movies, but oh well. A few of the downfalls were: #1 Nate TEXTING THE WHOLE TIME! It made me angry because I was trying so hard to make everything super fun and when he would start to text it made me feel as if we weren't fun to hang out with or talk to. When I say all the time, he would win the award for "Most TEXT MESSAGES SENT ON A VACATION." #2 Being rushed while shopping. I kept telling them that I was going to shop and if they didnt want to they could go somewhere else and I would meet up with them, but no they would make me feel stupid and so I would stop shopping and do what they all wanted to do. #3 I wanted to see either the Lion King or Phantom of the Opera. did that happen? NO. I would have gladly spent $70 on a ticket but oh well. At least we went and saw one show. #4 I really felt self conscience about my body. I almost had a break down when I was looking through my pictures because I looked so fat. It was like 11 o'clock in Vegas (which means midnight in Utah) so I had no one to call up and talk to about it. :( It was sad. But I got over it once I got back to the hotel. Now onto the drive back home. We came home on the 5th and we stopped by St. George again and this time I got to see a friend. I saw Kandace Goodrich who was a missionary with me in the MTC! It was so great to see her. I didn't get to talk to her very long because we had to get mike home early so he could get a good sleep that night cuz he had to work early in the morning. We got home and I was excited but sad to be home, excited because I got to be with my family but sad to think I had to go back to work the next morning. OVERALL the trip was amazing. Next time I go it will be with my 2 best friends and their husbands and me (hopefully I'll be married by the next time). VEGAS, it was fun.

1 comment:

  1. We'll totally have to go soon!!!!!!!! I'm finally old enough!!! Your trip sounds like it was fun, minus the bad things you listed :( But when you said about Nate texting when you were trying to make it fun, that's how I feel when we're all together and you text after a while:(
    Anyway, I can't wait unitl we take our own trip and be freaking awesome in Vegas and see Holly Madsion!

    ReplyDelete